Kate Stewart | Matt Germonprez | Georg Link
[00:02:17] Stefka and Ivana tell us about themselves and what they do at VMware.
[00:04:01] We learn more about what Stefka and Ivana talked about at the presentation at the OSS Europe 2020 with the metrics, why they did the analytics on open source communities, and what goals they had in mind.
[00:06:39] Stefka talks more about identifying reasons why a project fails, what she’s observed, and what it means to her that a project fails.
[00:10:01] Kate asks Stefka how long it takes before she actually considers a project to be inactive and what threshold she was using. Ivana tells us if they are measuring adoption and how much information they find using their analysis.
[00:14:00] Georg mentions LFX Insights that Linux Foundation launched, and how they’re planning to include Twitter chatter to see whether projects are being mentioned. He wonders if Ivana would be interested in using this in their analysis.
[00:16:31] Kate wonders how often Stefka goes back and re-examines and checkpoints her list of projects that she thinks are worth working with.
[00:19:22] Stefka tells us how many metrics they keep standard for all the projects and about the dependencies.
[00:22:24] Matt asks Stefka and Ivana to talk about the internal organizational process and the reception within VMware.
[00:29:06] Since Ivana uses Augur and contributes to the CHAOSS Project Augur, she shares with us how she came to the project and how the journey has been for her.
[00:33:51] Ivana and Stefka talk about examples of the types of improvements they would like to be seeing showing up in Augur.
[00:38:48] Stefka and Ivana tell us where you can connect with them and follow the progress of their work online.
Value Adds (Picks) of the week
- [00:39:48] Georg’s pick is Linux Foundation’s LFX Insights.
- [00:40:44] Kate’s pick is an LCA talk she watched called, “The Privacy Tax” by Dawn E. Collett.
- [00:41:17] Matt’s pick is he’s into baking right now.
- [00:41:52] Stefka’s pick is a quote that has been with her for the past couple of days by Brene Brown, “There is no innovation and creativity without failure,” and having the freedom to experiment.
- [00:42:43] Ivana’s pick is focusing on side things you do to shape your way of thinking and helps you in other areas, including professionally.
CHAOSS Project Twitter
Stefka Dimitrova Linkedin
Ivana Atanasova Linkedin
Open Source Summit Europe 2020 presentation slides: “If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it”- how to assess project health, by Ivana Atanasova and Stefka Dimitrova
The Linux Foundation- LFX Insights
LinuxConfAU Online 2021- “The Privacy Tax: How tracking and hacking affect disabled people, and what we can do about it,” by Dawn E. Collett.
VMware Open Source Blog